Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tribute Tuesday!

Time to join in with Jay for a Tuesday Tribute!!!



Tuesday's Tribute
Yet Another Jay and Deb Production.



My Tribute today is to...... Teachers.


Emma goes to the same school John teaches at and as I was dropping her off the other day, I walked passed John's classroom and witnessed the most horrendous display of parenting. I know we all have faults and I am FAR from the perfect parent. But this little Brat, I am sorry there is NO other word for it, had her mother so wrapped around her finger.


I preceded to talk to John for a while and when I left, 20 minutes later, this child was still SCREAMING at her teacher. She had hit her, yelled at her, thrown things. I deal with frustrating people, but I can not imagine dealing with children everyday. The worst thing about all of this is the teachers can't do anything about it. They took her to the office, where she proceeded to scream at the principal and superintendent.


It is just amazing, these teachers get puked on, yelled at, kicked and all the parents say most of the time is:


1. Well he/she was just having a bad day.... or something along those lines


OR


2. They blame the teacher.... well you probably didn't handle him/her correctly.


Beyond that, teachers are completely underpaid and underappreciated.


These people have the opportunity to shape and mold the future. They are the ones teaching the future doctors, politicians, lawyers etc. how to read, write, what's wrong/right. They are some of the most wonderful people in the world and they do this because they love it!!!


So I am using today to say thank you to all the teachers in the world!! Also, to say don't give up, you are making a difference whether you know it or not!!! We love you and I know I wouldn't be were I am today without the help of some amazing teachers.


Love ya!!
Jessica



4 comments:

Deb said...

great tribute! teachers really are the foundation of our future!

MoziEsmé said...

I would say they definitely don't get enough tribute for all they have to deal with!

Sera said...

What a great tribute! I wanted to stop by to say thanks for coming to my blog and commenting on my tribute post. So, I read your about me section, and this is crazy! My husband and I bought our first house in July 07, I had Kaylee on April 29, 2008, and we'll be married 5 years in July. AND, my husband is a 3rd grade teacher. Freaky!!! I love your blog, by the way. It's super cute, and I'm going to go check out more posts.

Honey Mommy said...

I completely agree with you! My sister-in-law is a teacher for middle schoolers, and it is tough! Apparently those kids don't get much better as they get older!